Born and bred here, without losing the passion for the beauty of the seasons. That’s how we are.
Follow us on a short walk through the year in our area.
cycling, excursions, alpine skiing, culture.
• Where the trees blossom, tones of white and pink, as an anticipation to gorgeous apples and apricots.
• When cycling gets exciting, on the ancient route, the “via Claudia Augusta”, from the Alta Val Venosta to the Passo Resia or towards Merano and Bolzano (taking the train to get back)
• When the forests along the irrigation streams shine in a bright green explosion.
• When, with a bit of luck, the last “firn” at high altitude waits for you until May or even June: perfect for a bit of ski - mountaineering.
• When the spring awakens your senses.
mountain excursions, cable car, cultural program.
• When the mountains call you to go for excursions at high altitude, up to glacier altitude, perhaps to the Cirmoli lake/Zirmtalersee, or to the Hasenöhrl just above the Tarres alp.
• When the cable cars are working and take us towards new adventures otherwise unreachable. One advice: catch the sunrise.
• When the cultural program couldn’t be richer and more various: concerts, open-air shows, all types of events and much more.
excursions, “Törggelen”, harvest, first snow
• When the sun kisses every branch, rock and every single fruit.
• When the larch trees wear a coat of colours.
• When, after a mild autumn walk, we stop for a traditional Törggelen, to sample the delicious taste of roasted chestnuts (there are many of these on the south face of the Venosta Valley up to Corces, just above Silandro) and the young wine.
• When in the valley a great number of little vintners are busy with the harvest.
• When on the glacier of the Senales Valley the winter ski-season already starts in autumn.
Winter: cross country skiing
• When you slide on your skis across the Martello Valley
• Exploring the landscape on a pair of snow shoes
• When the Martello Valley or the Hasenöhrl make you curious about alpine-skiing between the Venosta Valley, Solda and Belpiano
• When many little Christmas markets create an atmosphere that takes you back to your childhood, for example in the Martello Valley, Glorenza, and Merano
• When it’s cool to “waste” a few days between saunas, relax and reading…